Do you love cycling?
Do you like to share your love of cycling with everybody?
Do you know how to fix a puncture?
Do you like working in the fresh air?
Do you like helping people?
Sheffield Cycling 4 All needs your help!
What does an SC4A volunteer do?
The volunteer team is a pool of awesome people that are available to assist the qualified session leader in the delivery of cycling sessions. Various duties include;
- Preparing bikes before sessions.
- Setting up and packing away the bikes and equipment.
- Working outdoors to assist, support or accompany cyclists.
- Adjusting cycles and checking they are in a safe condition.
- Fit helmets.
- Basic bike checks, eg pumping tyres, checking brakes, cleaning after use etc.
- Recording progress on simple paper forms.
What sort of person suits the role?
We need enthusiastic volunteers who love and understand bicycles.
We are looking for caring individuals who understand that every person has different needs.
Volunteers need to be comfortable working around children and adults alike, and be okay with a bit of rain and oily hands!
What will you get out of it?
- You will gain experience delivering cycling activity in an outdoor setting.
- You will develop skills around caring and support.
- You will be trained to assist in the provision of safe and inclusive outdoor activities.
- You will get to share your love of cycling with a wide range of people from all different backgrounds.
- You will join the growing number of people committed to promoting cycling in Sheffield.
- You will get to spend time with lovely people, in a lovely park, in a lovely city, enjoying the fresh air!
Want to find out more?
Get in touch via our contact page and we’ll arrange an informal chat.